Potable water and sanitary sewer service is currently available from the Powhatan/Chesterfield County line along the Route 60 corridor to Flat Rock and sanitary sewer service is available in the courthouse area extending to portions of Route 60.
Wastewater Treatment Plants
Utilities operates 2 wastewater treatment plants (WWTP) in the county.
- Fighting Creek WWTP serves the courthouse area as well as a portion of the Route 60 corridor and is designed to treat 100,000 gallons per day.
- Dutoy Creek WWTP serves from the Powhatan/Chesterfield County line along the Route 60 corridor extending to Flat Rock and is designed to treat 250,000 gallons per day.
To begin water and or sewer service at a new address, a completed Utility Service Connection Application (PDF) along with payment for the Service Application Fee and Service Deposits may be submitted in person or via U.S. mail. Please contact Utilities to receive an itemized cost breakdown for service at your address. Once service is initiated, you will receive a bill from Powhatan County, bimonthly and will be billed according to the current Approved Water and Sewer Rates (PDF).
Utility bills are paid directly to The Powhatan County Treasurers Office. Payments of check or cash can be made in person, by mail or by utilizing the 2 drop-boxes at the Powhatan County Administration Building. Credit card or e-check payments can be made online by clicking here Utilities Payments. This does not apply to AquaVa customers. Please contact the office with any questions.
Residents, businesses and developers wishing to connect to the County's water and/or wastewater system should direct their inquiries to Utilities by calling 804-598-5764.
- 2014 Water and Wastewater Master Plan
- Approved Water and Wastewater Rates Effective July 1, 2022
- Water and Sanitary Sewer Rate Increase Letter 6.9.2021
- Consumer Confidence Report 2022
- Backflow Assembly Test Report Form (PDF)
- Construction Portable Meter Rental Application
- Utility Service Connection Application (PDF)
- Water and Wastewater Service District (PDF)
- FBUC Report wo Appendices
- FBUC Appendix A
- FBUC Appendix B
- FBUC Appendix D-J
- FBUC Appendix K
- FBUC Appendix L-N