Agendas & Minutes
- 9 a.m.
- The 4th Tuesday of every month
- Notification is handled by the Director of Social Services
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Social Services Board is composed of 3 or more members. The Board of Supervisors may appoint a member of the Board of Supervisors to be one member of the Administrative Board (Reference Code of Virginia 63.2-300, 63.2-302 & 63.2-324).
Terms are 4 years and a member may serve no more than 2 consecutive terms. If appointed to fill someone’s vacancy mid-term, a member can still be eligible to serve 2 complete terms after that initial term. All members must take an oath of office, given by the Clerk of the Circuit Court
, to qualify.
The Social Services Board provides solution-focused competency-based Social Services that promote enhanced quality-of-life through:
- Benefit programs to support adequate and appropriate food, clothing, shelter and health care
- Protective and preventive services to reduce harm and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults
- Client and family services to enhance independence, responsibility and self-determination
This is done by creating a balanced, affirming, respectful and challenging professional environment for the delivery of these services.
Members are paid $50 per meeting if in attendance.