The circulation policy is meant to ensure equitable access to materials among library patrons. If, upon occasion, library personnel feel that strict interpretation of the policy would have the opposite effect, they may bring the matter to a supervisor.
Due to limited staff resources, the Powhatan County Public Library will not always be able to provide intensive assistance to Internet users. At busy times, staff will only be able to assist a patron with getting started, and then, if possible, will return later to check on progress.
Computer Use Time Limits
- A patron may sign up for only one session at a time. After the session is over, the patron may sign up for another block of time if no one is waiting.
- Use of the computer is limited to 45 minutes. Any time required for printing or downloading of files is included in the 45-minute allotment.
- Patrons are expected to begin logging off a few minutes before closing time.
- Reservations for time using an Internet accessible computer can not be made in advance.
- The library reserves the right to terminate a computer session should computer use result in disruption of library service.
Documents may be printed for a fee of $0.15 per page. Be careful to print only the pages you want; mistakes and extra pages will be included in the total fee.
You may view all of the library's Polices and Procedures (PDF).