Fire & Rescue
Powhatan County Fire Rescue operates as a combination system of full time, part time and volunteer staff working cooperatively to provide fire, rescue, and emergency medical services to Powhatan’s citizens and visitors. Operating from the county office, 5 fire stations and 3 rescue squad stations, our aim is to protect the lives, property, and environment of our community.
The department is composed of:
- 5 Volunteer Fire Companies
- A Volunteer Rescue Squad
- Emergency Management Team
- Department Administration Staff
Powhatan County Fire Rescue provides supplemental staffing to Companies 1,2,4,5 and the Rescue Squad.
- Full-time Fire and Rescue Chief
- Part-Time Assistant Chief
- Full-Time Fire Administration Office Manager
- Part-Time Emergency Management Coordinator
- Part-Time EMS Coordinator
- Part-Time Recruitment & Retention Officer
- Part-time Fire Marshal
The mission of the Fire and Rescue Department is: Serving People. Saving Lives. Protecting Property.
Powhatan County is serviced by 5 Fire Companies spread throughout the county. Each Company is capable of providing:
- Fire Prevention
- Fire Suppression
- Hazardous Materials Response
- Public Education
- Rescue Services
EMS Management & Consultants, Inc.
P. O. Box 863
Lewisville, North Carolina 27023
Customer Service Line: 1-800-814-5339
Fax #: 1-336-766-6870
The emergency management team is primarily responsible for maintaining the various emergency plans for the County, including the:
- Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Plan
- Powhatan County Emergency Operations Plan
- Richmond-Crater Multi-Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- The emergency management team also manages the County Emergency Operations Center (EOC), including staffing the EOC and coordinating responses during major events that affect the County.
A vital part of the department, the services provided by the volunteers assure that the needs of the citizens of Powhatan are met. Members are offered opportunities to train in both Fire and EMS services. Volunteers can also be support staff or administrative members.
For more information on Volunteering visit: