Residential Structure Permits
Residential Application Requirements
Along with a completed Construction Permit Application you will need the following:
- 2 sets of building plans, Complete and drawn to scale
- 4 copies of the site plan (copy of plat of property) showing proposed structures and distances measured in feet to each property line (front, back, right, and left)
- 1 copy of the VDOT entrance permit or VDOT approval letter for an existing entrance
- 1 Agreement in Lieu of Plan for erosion and sediment control.
- Copy of the Well and Septic Permit issued by the Powhatan County Health Department (unless you are on public water and sewer)
- Zoning Compliance Affidavit (we have notaries on staff for your convenience)
Please note that the building permit does not include trades (electrical/mechanical/plumbing/gas) permits.